Ever feel like you’re stuck in a birth control commercial?

by Julie on April 24, 2012

in Family,Life

Hi friends!

I was all motivated to blog yesterday but my computer was being slow as molasses. It’s always the worst when you’re motivated to get a post up and then your computer won’t cooperate. Today’s a new day though and I think my computer had the flu or something.

Anyways.

This weekend was super fun! Friday night, I hung out with my girl Lindsay from high school. Man o’ man… she and I can talk for hours. It’s so nice to have someone from my past that I can relate to so easily. Unfortunately, I don’t have many friends left from my childhood in Pittsburgh so therefore, I cherish my friends from high school and college.

Saturday night, Todd and I went to Ohio City and celebrated his friend Kara’s (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) birthday.

The best parts of this were:

1. The nifty star glasses that were on Kara’s coffee table just asking for an Instagram picture.

2. Meeting new friends (one of my new friends is a CUPCAKE MAKER. Yes, you heard that right!).

3. Putting little umbrella’s in beer bottles and calling it classy.

After celebrating Kara’s birth, we went to Ohio City and met up with the Nidhizzle (sizzzzzzle). We also met her friends Matt and Anita. It was a great time filled with tons of laughing… my abs hurt afterwards.

On Sunday afternoon, I went to a bridal shower for a fellow blogger (I’ll give you a hint… #WhyBridalShower). Any guesses? Come on! GUESS! I will be blogging about it soon. :-)

Sunday evening, Todd and I went to my family’s house for dinner. My mom made chili and it was delicious. I had it for lunch on Monday and wish I had it every day this week!

Liam displayed some of his gymnastics skills (or are they yoga skills?) which resulted in just a camera blur. I promise you, he is cute and was wearing a Steelers shirt (which makes him 10x more cuter).

This lovely lady is starting to stand. The world better watch out because soon Violet will be walking and talking. She looks innocent but she’s pretty savvy.

Aaaaand, the awkward picture of the night goes to:

On Monday night, I attended my second Craft Club. Only this time, we did not craft (I know… aren’t you shocked?). However, we did talk about periods and birth control. One of my new pals, Anna, is very knowledgeable about this stuff. At one point, I felt like I was stuck inside the birth control commercial where one of the girl friends is a doctor and starts rambling off random side effects.

Then, I had this random desire to go synchronized swimming.

One last thing… Cool Ranch Doritos are going to be the death of me. I brought them to craft club and couldn’t keep my hands out of the bag… not the best for CrossFit. Sigh.

I request these in 80ish years when I’m on my death bed.

Have a lovely hump day!

Julie

Kimberly @ SMITTEN...in cleveland April 24, 2012 at 11:15 pm

oh my, you are not right! However, this may be why I love you so.
Kimberly @ SMITTEN…in cleveland´s last [type] ..Mad Men Monday – Swedish Meatballs & Moscow Mules

Crystal @EatDrinkCleveland April 25, 2012 at 12:51 am

You have good taste in beer obviously…and I don’t mean the umbrella. Breckenridge Vanilla Porter is one of my very favs!!!
Crystal @EatDrinkCleveland´s last [type] ..Fabulous Food Show Giveaway

ClassyFabSarah April 25, 2012 at 6:39 am

Ok, I dunno what it is lately but I have been feeling like I am absolutely SUCKED into Doritos every time I go to the store. I had to work by myself for 6 hours the other day so I had a last-minute desperate trip to Target… what’d I get? Cooler Ranch Doritos. And omwtf were they delicious.
ClassyFabSarah´s last [type] ..What’s Up, Buttercup?

Lane (Lane Baldwin Photography) April 25, 2012 at 6:57 am

Haha! YOU, my dear, are an awesome writer. Hilarious! I love it!

Jen @ Why CLE? April 25, 2012 at 7:08 am

I love the title, I love everything about this post. I have no guesses on the shower, though. None at all. #blogthatsh*t
Jen @ Why CLE?´s last [type] ..Why? Weekends!

Alicia at Poise in Parma April 25, 2012 at 9:08 am

girl you’ve been all over this past week!! looks like you had a fun one.
p.s. the little one has learned an important yogic lesson: gotta know how to tuck and roll when you’re falling out of some poses!
Alicia at Poise in Parma´s last [type] ..CLE food: Dad’s birthday brunch at Deagan’s Kitchen & Bar

Roxanne April 25, 2012 at 9:19 am

Since discovering I’m allergic to red dye, the only artificially colored anything that I miss are Doritos. (even the cool ranch ones have red dye) I would probably cheat and eat them but that would kill me. So Doritos literally could be the death of me. Haha.
Roxanne´s last [type] ..Review: Gut Busting Grub at Grotto

Jill April 25, 2012 at 9:22 am

Yes! Cool Ranch are the best. Way better than the Nacho Cheese doritos. So glad someone else appreciates that :)

Steph April 25, 2012 at 9:29 am

When does girl time not result in discussing periods, birth control, etc. is a better question.
Steph´s last [type] ..Monday Night Football Week 4: Gear up, Get Psyched!!

Nidhizzle S April 26, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Haha! You crack me up! #toomanydoritos
Nidhizzle S´s last [type] ..Post-Grad Education

Anna Taylor April 27, 2012 at 1:01 pm

We SHOULD star in birth control ads! We would be so good at throwing our heads back and laughing heartily at strangely clinical remarks…. It was awesome hanging out with you – come back to craft night sooooooon!! And thanks for the linky-link shout-out! It is so great knowing other bloggers :)
Anna Taylor´s last [type] ..Recipe: Easy Cucumber Salad