New Design and Please Pardon the Dust

by Julie on July 20, 2012

in Deep Thoughts

Hello ladies and gents!

If you are reading through Google Reader or some other reader, please click through!

I went away with my old design for something cleaner and less busy. This is not the end, I may play with it more, but what do you think of the simple design? If you look closely at the header, you’ll notice that the font has a city skyline. Constructive criticism is wanted!

Throughout the next week or so, I plan to continue to update the bloggy while I’m still off work. I can’t remember the last time I updated my “About” page and the sidebar picture is way outdated as well.

Tonight, Todd and I went for a 3 mile loop and walked along Lake Erie. Seriously, I love living in Cleveland for this reason. Being close to the lake is so lovely!

The waves were crashing hard tonight. Reminded me of the waves in Florida during Debby Downer.

I hope you have a lovely Friday and a weekend of relaxation. Be sure to come back on Monday! I have a really fun giveaway planned! I’ll give you a hint: It involves bears. :-) Any guesses?

xo,

Julie

P.S. I saw this posted on Facebook and had to giggle.

Alicia at Poise in Parma July 20, 2012 at 7:46 am

I like the streamlined, clean look! The skyline cutout a is nice touch.
Alicia at Poise in Parma´s last [type] ..my guest post at {not so} Suddenly Susan: My #CLEyoga Bucket List

Julie July 20, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Thanks girl! So happy you commented this morning because right after you did, my blog went down! I was able to determine that it happened after your comment! Ha!

Susan July 20, 2012 at 9:41 am

Love blog redesigns :) And I LOVE the comic you found. Couldn’t be more perfect haha .
Susan´s last [type] ..Confessional: Why I don’t get more massages

Julie July 20, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I thought you would enjoy that. :-)

Holly July 20, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Glad your site is back up! I wouldn’t have noticed the skyline had you not mentioned it so I don’t know know if that means it might need more emphasis?

I think there is a bit too much white space. Maybe remove some from above and below the design? The header takes up about half of my screen.

Otherwise it looks good!
Holly´s last [type] ..Race Recap: Bay Days 5-Miler (2012)

Julie July 20, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback!!!!

Julie @ Am I There Yet July 20, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I love the new design! Looking forward to what you’ve got in store!
Julie @ Am I There Yet´s last [type] ..In case you didn’t know, I’m really into running

Jill (Lady Lazarus) July 20, 2012 at 11:22 pm

I love the new look! Definitely cleaner and the header gives it a nice pop. The skyline in the font is just fabulous.
Jill (Lady Lazarus)´s last [type] ..skeletor

Jen @ Why CLE? July 21, 2012 at 6:13 am

Love the new design! You make me want to do my blog redesign even more now :-)
Jen @ Why CLE?´s last [type] ..Why? Upcoming Events!

ClassyFabSarah July 21, 2012 at 6:44 am

Ohh love the new design!! I totally need something fresh as well.
ClassyFabSarah´s last [type] ..Kindle Daily Deal, Go Now

Nidhi July 21, 2012 at 10:56 am

omg I love this! and I love the city skyline incorporated into it too! so cool!
Nidhi´s last [type] ..Map Notebook