Salad Monster

by Julie on September 14, 2012

in Food,Restaurants

IT’S FRIDAY!

YES! This week has been a toughie and I’m so excited for the weekend. Tomorrow I have a wedding to attend for one of my best college friends! I’m pretty stoked but unfortunately I can’t make it to the wedding, but I will be going to the reception. I’m so excited to wear my new Von Vonni dress that came in the mail! I’ll give you a full review ASAP!

Tonight, I met some of my buddies, Nidhi, Steph, and Kali, at Dewey‘s pizza at Cedar Lee. I seriously cannot get enough of this place. While the pizzas are awesome, the salads are extremely tasty, creative, and FRESH. I didn’t take a pic because as soon as the salad was in front of me I devoured it like the cookie salad monster that I am. I recommend the Greek salad if you ever go there.

In addition to my side salad, I ordered half of the original pizza because I was feeling boring today. But really, the original is pretty special on its own.

Afterwards, we wandered to Sweetie Fry. I hear about this placeall time time via the Twitter world, but have never been. As soon as we opened the doors, it was like a high school threw up and every single high school student known to man was in the tiny restaurant. It took them a few minutes to realize they were in everyone’s way, and we finally were able to order. (Seriously, they just stood there, in front of the counter, eating their ice cream like no one else existed.)*

Once we were able to order and breathe again, I was excited to try it. Since my favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip, I usually judge ice cream places based on how they do that flavor. It’s my definition of quality control and it’s super scientific.

The verdict? Meh. It didn’t blow my socks off and it wasn’t memorable. Honestly? I would like to go back there when I’m craving fries or something savory. I really love the concept behind Sweetie Fry and I feel like their fries and everything else would taste awesome. I’d like to try other ice cream flavors too. I would love to order both fries and ice cream and go to town on sweet and savory goodness.

Nidhi likes photo bombing my food pictures:

Anywho… I hope you have an awesome weekend! Live in the moment!

Hugs!

Julie

*Complaining about high schoolers makes me feel old.

Kali September 14, 2012 at 7:30 am

There were a ton of high schoolers at Menchies too! Is there no school today or is there no such thing as strict parents anymore? I wouldn’t be allowed out at all on a school night.
OMG we’re old hahaah.
Kali´s last [type] ..The nature of the experience is that it passes — Mohican 50 Recap

Jess @JAMinCLE September 14, 2012 at 8:31 am

I just laughed out loud reading this. I am experiencing that some sense of “oldness” being back in Lakewood and being places saying “Oh dear Gaaaawwd, I hope I was not like THAT.” Ha! I actually just posted about reliving high school memories. Sigh.

I am interested in trying Sweetie Fry too. Maybe at like 11am on a Tuesday when all the kidsters are in school :)
Jess @JAMinCLE´s last [type] ..Valley Memories!

Crystal @EatDrinkCleveland September 14, 2012 at 9:31 am

Two words: maple bacon! That’s the flavor you should have gotten at Sweetie Fry.
Crystal @EatDrinkCleveland´s last [type] ..Get Out and Have Fun – Upcoming Weekend Events

alithearchitect September 14, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Crystal is SO right, here! The maple bacon would have blown your socks to smithereens. They used to have a fig and goat cheese when the opened a year ago and it too was stellar. All the coffee flavored ones with espresso beans from Italy are yummy! And you have to go back for the funnel cake fries or the reg fries with the masala dipping sauce. It’s outrageous. And how dare you go to one of my client’s buildings and not take a photo of the FABULOUS design build benches studioTECHNE just installed this summer!!!!!!!!! BOO HISS!! Jk. I love you!
alithearchitect´s last [type] ..Watts it cost?

alithearchitect September 14, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Amanda @ Clue Into CLE September 14, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I am still yet to make it to Sweetie Fry. Was in Cedar Lee a few weekends ago to see a movie and Scott and I were too tired afterwards to get ice cream (talk about being old!).

I made Scott promise though that we’d drive out in a few weeks to try it. Will know now to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of large groups of children.
Amanda @ Clue Into CLE´s last [type] ..Hunger Action Month and Taste of the Browns Recap