Shakeology 10-Day Challenge

by Julie on December 3, 2012

in Deep Thoughts,Healthy Living,Life

Hey all!

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty awesome. Todd came home on Friday night and we pretty much took it easy all weekend long.

boyfriend girlfriend

First thing on our agenda? Watch our favorite shows. Last year, I didn’t have TV so I really value television, as weird as that sounds! I chose not to pay for it and I thought I would miss it, but I really didn’t. This year though, it’s back in my life along with two awesome new shows that both Todd and I are addicted to.

First is Nashville. Does anyone else love this show? I think it’s awesome… the perfect amount of drama, love, and music. I downloaded some of the songs on iTunes too. I just love the duets with Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio.

Nashville TV show

Our other favorite is Revolution. It’s crazy to think what our lives would be like if the power were to suddenly go out. This show is quite addicting.

NBC_Revolution

On Saturday morning, Todd and I went for a run. Whewwwwww… yea, I’m completely out of shape. Like, woah. We went out for 30 minutes doing intervals of both running and walking and I was completely out of breath, which just kills me. The only way to get back into shape is to work at it, so I plan to (see below for more!).

After the run, I went to my friend Brittany’s house for her Stella & Dot trunk show. I had so much fun hanging out with her and her friends. Doing an afternoon show was a fun idea. So far, I’ve only done evening shows! :-)

Stella & Dot Trunk Show

That night, fireworks were seen from our apartment… pretty awesome if you ask me! Plus, we had good Mexican food at Cozumel in Lakewood and went to Light Up Lakewood where we walked around and checked out some great vendors. It was a fun and lazy Saturday night.

Lakewood Cleveland Ohio Fireworks

**********

Shakeology 10-Day Challenge

One of my best friends from graduate school, Brandi is now an Independent Team Beachbody Coach and promotes something called Shakeology.

Here she is… I hope that, like this picture, she kicks my butt into shape ;-)

graduation friends

Shakeology is a meal replacement shake with a strong nutritional profile. I tried it this past summer when I had a sample packet lying around. I remember really liking it and feeling full for hours. Brandi is one of those people that I highly trust when it comes to both nutrition and fitness. Anyways, when she started talking about Shakeology on Facebook, I decided to give Skakeology a serious look just because she was into it. I’d seen it before on other blogs and through other social media outlets, but seeing Brandi post about it made me want to give it serious consideration. Brandi would not promote something she did not research the hell out of. As you know, for the past year I’ve been struggling with being healthy inside and out. I started drinking Shakeology on November 27th and am starting an official 10-Day Challenge tomorrow. Brandi is coaching a few of us in a group on Facebook and I figured that I can do anything for 10 days! Plus, Todd is doing it too so that will make things easier.

I plan to keep track of my progress and check in with you guys about how it’s going. Even though I’ve only been drinking it for a few days, I already feel more energetic and happy. I am hopeful it will continue!

xo,

Julie

Have you ever tried Shakeology? What do you think?

AllLacqueredup December 3, 2012 at 8:57 am

I wish I could get into Shakeology but the taste just turns me off. it’s the aftertaste of the non-sugar sweetener. Good luck on your challenge. I have a couple friends who are Beachbody coaches. They have had great success with the program.

Katie O. December 3, 2012 at 11:02 am

I LOVE NASHVILLE. Last week’s episode was SO good too. Let’s watch this together, this week? It’s usually past my bedtime and so I watch it the next day but it would be fun to watch it with someone.

I started the 17-Day Diet this weekend, it seems manageable and effective. I’ll keep you posted!

Crystal @EatDrinkCleveland December 3, 2012 at 11:22 am

I was going to ask if Shakeology has artificial sweeteners but All Lacquered Up seems to have answered that one for me. Too bad b/c I would love to try something like that. It would be easy to take with me on the road all day when I’m normally STARVING and don’t have many healthy options if I don’t pack.

I wanted to go to Light Up Lakewood but we had a Christmas party. How was it?
Crystal @EatDrinkCleveland´s last [type] ..Hello December~Let the (local) shopping begin!

Brandi Harris December 3, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Boo! You are sooo sweet. I am excited to see where the next ten days takes us.

And as for the Shakeology and the sweetener concerns above, it is sweetened with stevia, which is a plant so therefore is a more nutritious substitute for sugar. I personally cannot use stevia in things like coffee because I agree with AllLacqueredUp that the taste is a little, um, different. But I do not taste the stevia in Shakeology, personally. As for Crystal’s concern, stevia is not an artificial sweetner, nor are there other artificial sweeteners in Shakeology. I have loved how much it subsides my hunger on those crazy busy days where eating just isn’t an option.
Brandi Harris´s last [type] ..I’m Baaaaaack

susan December 3, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I would love to try something like that. I’ve never actually tried shakeology though, is there a way to order a small one to try? I could use something like that!
susan´s last [type] ..Keeping December under Control with DietBet

Justin December 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I freaking love revolution! The cliffhanger they left you on was awesome!

I know what you mean about getting in shape. I just started seriously running 2 weeks ago. Before that i was running every other day for a couple weeks. It took forever but now im starting to feel in better shape!

Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters December 3, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Nashville is one of my absolute favorite new shows. I was also sucked into the new Mindy Project – hilarious!!

For the shakeology challenge are you replacing all meals with shakeology stuff or just replacing one meal? That would be really tough to hold for 10 days! Good luck!
Lauren @ Sugar Coated Sisters´s last [type] ..Eleven Day Rewind

Julie December 3, 2012 at 5:08 pm

A few of my friends LOVE the Mindy Project – I definitely need to check it out! For the Skakeology challenge, I am only replacing one meal… mostly breakfast. I agree it would be tough to replace all for 10 days! So far it’s really easy to do since it’s so filling.

Dana December 3, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Love Shakeology!!! Just gotta remember to follow it up with a good rest of your diet and some great exercise!! Good luck with the challenge

Jessica B. December 4, 2012 at 12:40 pm

1.) I LOVE Nashville and Revolution is a close second. I have a huge crush on Hayden’s boobs and Clare Bowen. 2.) Ryan loves Nashville possibly more than I do and not even for Hayden’s boobs. 3.) I’ve always wanted to try shakeology but I thought it was expensive. Maybe I am thinking of something else? Also not sure how much I can workout on that stuff.

Bari December 4, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Good luck with Shakeology. I have a hard time sticking with anything that isn’t real food. I like to eat too much.

Revolution is awesome – it’s one of the few shows we watch as a family. Love it.
Bari´s last [type] ..Training Tuesday: Orthotics?